Bed Bugs Control
How are bed bugs spread?
Bed bugs live in any articles of furniture, clothing, or bedding, so they or their eggs may be present in used furniture or clothing. They spread by crawling and may contaminate multiple rooms in a home or even multiple dwellings in apartment buildings. They may also be present in boxes, suitcases, or other goods that are moved from residence to residence or from a hotel to home. Bed bugs can live on clothing from infested homes and may be spread by a person unknowingly wearing infested clothing.
We can provide bed bugs control service through a three-step program: Before treatment, Preparation for treatment and treatment.
Detailed inspection is the first component of a successful bed bugs control program. An inspection of the premises will be performed to identify that bed bugs are indeed the problem. The inspection will focus on the sleeping areas and objects around the sleeping area (such as headboards, bed frames, night tables, etc.) but the whole dwelling will be inspected looking for eggs and live Bed Bugs.
The process of inspecting is very labor intensive and can take up to 4 hours.
Preparation for treatment:
- All sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, blankets and clothing should be laundered
- Remove drapes and have dry cleaned
- Remove everything from dresser drawers, nightstands and dressing tables and place in sealed plastic bags
- Vacuum all infested rooms including mattresses, bedsprings couches, chairs and closet shelves
- All cracks and crevices will be treated
- All people and pets should be out of home for 4 hours
- 24-48 hours after treatment vacuum all floor areas and discard bag
- Continue vacuuming procedures 3-4 times for an additional week
- Optional bed bugs control Dog inspections are available